Manic Light | people, places, stories

10 aprilie, 2010

My eyes, your world

“My eyes, your world” was a photographic project based on qualities and senses of 6 persons which have vision disabilities.
A creative activity which had as purpose a visual exercise of the blind persons, to determine the connection between the subject which is photographed and how they imagine it, the socialization and self discovery.
*
All the pictures were made by the participants.


Eleni , 28 years old – “If I could see, maybe I’ll be disappointed”

Italian teacher, she likes swimming, reading and traveling. She visited Russia, Italy, Saudi Arabia, and Greece. “In every country I was it smells different. Smelling gives me memories: England smells as humidity. The poverty smells like onion".



She recognized all the money. About Romanian money she said: “It looks like money but they are strange. Are they fake?”




"I feel open, free, calmness and clean at the seaside. I like the sound of the children in the water and the smell" said Eleni.

The blouse - Eleni through that might be white or blue!





Nikos, 26 years old – “My eyes does not exist”

“I’m fat” said Nikos laughing. “Nothing is special. Not bad looking or good looking”.

He likes music and playing accordion. He also has as a very developed sense of hearing and smelling.



"It looks like a head; it’s soft, made from leader. I think is black. It has to be darker.

Darker color is not beauty. Green or white is more beautiful" said Nikos.




"I like the mountains more than the sea. I like sitting outside and listen how the birds are singing.

I like the smell of the sea but I don’t like to swim. I’m afraid".

Nikos studied in England. He said that the smell is different, the weather is cold and the beaches have stones, not sand.





Stella, 34 years old

I asked her what this object might be. She touched it and she said: “Panagia mou!” And then she did the cross sign. For me was amazing!




Maria, 30 years old

Maria had many piano and violin concerts in Greece, Finland, France, UK, Spain, Italy, Poland, and Romania (Braila). The reason she dislike Romania is because people don’t speak English.

She has her own piano at home and she loves classic music! So, I tested Maria’s hearing sense.

She recognized very easily Beethoven – The fifth symphony, the Moonlight Sonata and Fur Elise, Strauss – The blue Danube, Chopin – Nocturne, Verdi – Traviata, Ceaikovski – Swan Lake.

Regarding Ballade for Violin and Orchestra by Ciprian Porumbescu, she said: “I think is a Napolitano Canzonetta or maybe a violin concert”




Marina, 31 years old - "
I want people to treat me like a normal person"

She knew how to read the watch.



She recognized all the ingredients. Only, she through that the milled pepper might be wheat flour.


She recognized all the materials types: the cotton, the jeans, the leader, the wool, the velvet, the lace.
She touched the silk and she said that is something artificial.





Toni, 25 years old - “Happiness for me is nothing”

She has her own violin and loves to dance.



She through that: cocoa is powder chocolate, coconut is sugar, rise is nuts, salt is sugar, pepper is jasmine, Daphne leaves are olive leaves, cinnamon sticks are biscuits.



Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

 
Photo Blogs Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory